The following information provides you with an important overview about Hatton Financial Services.
Licence Status and Conditions
Hatton Financial Services Limited FSP 713591 is a licensed Financial Advice Provider as issued by the Financial Markets Authority to provide Financial Advice services
Our Contact Details
Nature and scope of the financial advice to be given.
Hatton Financial Services provides advice to our clients about
- Risk Insurance (personal and group) Life, Trauma, Income Protection, Health Insurance
- Managed Investments/Superannuation
- Life Insurance – Whole of Life, Endowment, Bonds
Product Providers we may recommend:
AIA New Zealand
AMP Life (existing clients only)
Heath Insurance Providers
AIA New Zealand
Here at Hatton Financial Services, we believe in delivering the most appropriate advice, personalised to each individual client.
Hatton Financial Services and anyone who gives financial advice on our behalf, have duties under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 relating to the way that we give advice.
We are required to:
- Give priority to your interests by taking all reasonable steps to make sure our advice isn’t materially influenced by our own interests.
- Meet standards of competence, knowledge, and skill as set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice Services. These have been designed to ensure that we have the relevant expertise to provide you with advice.
- Exercise care, diligence, and skill in providing you with advice.
- Meet standards of ethical behaviour, conduct and client care set by the Code of Professional Conduct for Financial Advice services (these are designed to make sure we treat you as we should and give you suitable advice).
This is only a summary of the duties that we have. Ore information is available by contacting us, or by visiting the Financial Markets Authority website at https://www.fma.govt.nz(external link)
The Code of Conduct Standards can be read here(external link)
How I am paid:
Hatton Financial Services will or may receive remuneration from the Product Provider we place business with as follows:
Initial commission - payable to Hatton Financial Services Limited by the product provider when a client initially effects an insurance policy (or increases the amount of insurance cover) with that product provider. The commission paid is a percentage of the annual premium paid by the client.
Renewal commission - payable to Hatton Financial Services Limited by the product provider when a client renews an insurance policy with that product provider each year. The commission paid is a percentage of the annual premium paid by the client.
Ongoing Trail Fee – this is a percentage of the funds under management and deducted from your fund annually, you will be advised at the time financial advice is provided.
As we receive commission/fees from the Product providers we do not charge any additional fees.
Conflicts of Interest
We are here for our clients and to advise you the best we can. Your interests are our main priority however there may be perceived conflicts of interest due to our contractual relationships with product providers.
- I am legally obliged to place the interests of my clients first and only recommend financial products that are suitable for you.
- I am obliged to disclose any perceived or potential conflicts of interests to you before providing you with financial adviser services.
- I ensure that I prioritise your interests by following an advice process that considers your circumstances and goals.
- A thorough comparison of suitable products and services available to meet your needs is completed during this process to support our recommendations.
Internal complaints process
Hatton Financial Services is committed to providing you with expert advice and service, even with the best of intentions complaints sometimes arise.
We value and encourage feedback from our clients, and should you have a complaint we will ensure that all client complaints are handled and resolved in a professional, fair and timely manner in accordance with our Client Complaints policy and associated procedures.
If you have a problem, concern, or complaint about any part of our service, please let me know as soon as possible and we can start our internal complaints process.
You may contact us using any of the following means: in writing, by telephone or by email. Here are our contact details.
Hatton Financial Services Limited
Attention: The Complaints Officer
PO Box 31860, Milford, Auckland
(09) 6262 286
Our Complaint Handling Process
When we receive a complaint, we will consider it following our internal complaints process:
- We will consider your complaint and let you know how we intend to resolve We may need to contact you to get further information about your complaint.
- We aim to resolve complaints within 15 working days of receiving If we can’t, we will contact you within that time to let you know we need more time to consider your complaint.
- We will contact you by phone or email to let you know whether we can resolve your complaint and how we propose to do so.
- If we can’t resolve your complaint, or you are not satisfied with the way we propose to do so, you can contact Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman (IFSO).
Dispute resolution process
If our internal complaints process does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you can contact our external independent dispute resolution scheme. This service is free and may help investigate or resolve the complaint.
We are a member of the IFSO’s approved dispute resolution scheme. You can contact the IFSO at:
Insurance & Financial Services Ombudsman
PO Box 10-845, Wellington 6143
0800 888 202
Dated: 15 March 2021 (Version 1)